FAQs - HOLIDAY HOME GUESTS
Can you do a quote for my insurance company?
Yes, we can prepare a letter for your insurance company outlining the charges for your stay. We are also happy to take phone calls from your insurer to verify the matter. We will need the full names of all the policy holders, your address, home and mobile phone numbers, your insurance company name and phone number, your claim officer's name and DDI, and your claim number.
My insurance money for temporary accommodation has run out. Is there any other help I can get with paying for my accommodation?
You may be eligible for an allowance. Contact CETAS on 0800 673 227, or visit their website.
How far in advance should I reserve my accommodation?
You should contact us as soon as you have confirmed dates. We often have bookings up to a year in advance, so recommend booking early to avoid disappointment, especially over the peak New Zealand summer season.
What can I expect in my apartment?
- We have an amenities list for each of our homes that can be found when you click through to view the home’s details.
- In addition, all our homes are quiet, comfortable, sunny and come with:
- Personalised service: If you are looking for a home to rent long-term or buy in Christchurch, need help with schools or finding a nanny, or you have questions about immigration, we can refer you to a person or service to help.
- The comforts of home: Comfortable beds, a range of books and magazines, complimentary child's cot and highchair if needed, sunny courtyards, and a tranquil setting in a quiet neighbourhood.
- High-speed wifi: enjoy your online time with a fast broadband connection.
What do I need to bring with me?
Our houses are self-catering. This means that a small amount of products such as tea, coffee, sugar, hand soap, toilet paper, dishwasher powder/detergent etc. are supplied to get you started (it's never nice to arrive straight from a long flight and have to go to the grocery store). You will, however, need to top these up for the rest of your stay. You will also need to take care of cleaning, washing of bed and bath linen, and rubbish removal on a regular basis (at least weekly). A weekly or fortnightly cleaning service can be arranged; please contact the office to enquire about this.
How do I collect the apartment keys?
After you make your reservation and before your arrival, you will receive an email that includes the full details of the home’s address, where the keys are and the access code for the lockbox.
May we visit the apartment before deciding?
Sometimes this is possible - please contact us to enquire.
How do I book an apartment?
- Simply head to our accommodation enquiry page once you have found the apartment you would like to rent. It is important that you fill out all the fields and ensure that your email address is correct. Booking is only confirmed once the deposit is received.
- Or ...
- If you are not sure which accommodation will best suit your needs, you can send us a request form with details of what you are looking for. We will contact you to make suggestions.
- Meanwhile, we will check the availability of the selected apartment and promptly get back to you with details and any further information required.
My builder has said my house repairs will take 4 to 6-weeks. How long should I book for?
We recommend you book for the shorter period of time, as insurance companies generally only cover the period your home is uninhabitable. We are often able to extend your stay with prior notice: however, if you leave early, a refund is only payable if we can rebook that part of your reservation.
How will I know when my reservation is confirmed?
Your accommodation is booked once your deposit is received into our account. We will send you a confirmation email. A reservation will not be confirmed until all funds have been cleared prior to arrival.
How do I submit a testimonial on an apartment?
We encourage you to send us any feedback on both our service and the experience you gained at your chosen apartment. You can email us your testimonial and we will get back to you with a reply. You can also review us on Neighbourly or Google.
Can I book for less than two weeks?
We do prefer a minimum booking period of two weeks. However, we can sometimes accept shorter bookings if they fall between existing reservations. We do have a few short stay properties available with a minimum booking period of three nights.
Do I have to clean the house when I leave?
We have staff who clean the house in preparation for the next guest. However, we ask that you leave the home as clean and tidy as you found it. Additional cleaning required as a result of your stay may result in these charges being passed to you.
Do I have to supply my own linen?
No; all linen is supplied including sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea towels.
Do I have to pay for internet, telephone or power during my stay?
All of our homes come with complimentary broadband. A set amount of data per month is included in the tariff for each property; there may be an additional charge if this is exceeded. Most come with a landline telephone for local calls only - any mobile or toll calls made from the home may be invoiced directly to you. Electricity is additional unless you have arranged at the time of booking for this to be included in the tariff. A security deposit for electricity is payable on arrival. We read the meter before you arrive and when you leave, and this charge is invoiced separately. Gas is not provided for heating. Gas is however provided for hot water heating and cooking.
Can I forward my home phone to the house during my stay?
You may forward your calls from your home phone to the house at your own cost, provided that the phone and internet service are not disconnected. Please note that you will be responsible for any reconnection, service or other charges incurred - even if disconnection happens inadvertently.
Are there internet usage limits?
- Each house comes with a certain amount of data per month: the internet connection speed may slow to dial up speed or stop altogether if you exceed this allowance. You may be able to purchase additional data at your expense, and will be required to do so if you have used up the monthly allowance and there are more guests arriving before it renews.
- Under no circumstances are guests to download illegal material such as (but not limited to) pirated movies or pornography.
How do I pay?
You can secure your booking either by credit card over the phone during business hours, or by bank transfer to our NZD account. Please note that paying by credit card or international bank transfer will attract an additional fee. We also accept eftpos or cash payments at our office.
Are my credit card payments secure?
We only accept credit card details over the phone to ensure your security. We never store any banking information concerning you.
When will my credit card be charged?
Your credit card will be charged either the day we receive the information, or at another date confirmed by you. We can only secure your booking once your credit card has been charged. Once the payment has been made, we will immediately send you an email regarding the transaction.
What is your cancellation policy?
The full tariff will still be charged if a cancellation or reduction in stay is made within two weeks prior to arrival date. This applies to the whole term of your reservation. For this reason, please give us as much notice as possible if you need to cancel or change your booking. We will make all reasonable attempts to re-book the accommodation, however, this is not guaranteed. If we are able to re-book all or part of your reservation, we may refund your deposit/tariff for that period (a 10% cancellation fee may apply).
How do I modify or amend my booking?
You can contact us by email or telephone with any amendments you require. We will do our best to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee availability if you require extra nights.
If you still need more information or have a question we have not answered above, do not hesitate to contact us.